Perhaps you prefer fishing for monster trout, or visiting a beach with geothermal hot springs bubbling up through it. Maybe a guided walk through native New Zealand rainforest, or just some wine tasting and a picnic lunch. How about jetboating out to an island bird sanctuary? Whatever you want, we will endeavour to make it happen for you.
We use 4 different vehicles, different sizes to accommodate your requirements
- 4 seat 2016 top of the range Subaru Outback NZ$650 per day
- 11 seat Ford Transit with lots of room for buckets and spades NZ$950 per day
- 15 seat Fiat Ducatto which offers great views NZ$1100 per day
- 22 seat Mitubishi Fuso for extended families travelling together NZ$1,400
For larger groups we can hire coaches up to 49 seats. We run tours all year round, our smallest group ever, was a single person who wanted to play golf, our largest was 109 people who enjoyed 3 days with us in the Bay of Islands.
Contact us with your thoughts and let us put a tour together for you.
Take a look at some of the many ideas we have for day tours from Tauranga
- The Coromandel peninsular with its wonderful Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach. A great day out with a mixture of lounging on the beach and walking along coastal tracks. No entry fees.
- Hot Water Beach this one is just a short boat ride by water taxi on Lake Tarawera. Enjoy swimming in the lake or just exploring the nearby forest. You will also have a chance to visit Kuirau Park in Rotorua and see the unique boiling pools right in the city centre.
- Blue and Green Lakes – Free
- Lake Okataina – Free
- Government Gardens – Free
- Rotorua Museum – This is in the old bath house, built after the 1886 Tarawera eruption.
- Whakerewarewa living geothermal Maori village settled after the 1886 Tarawera eruption.
- Agrodome – all you ever wanted to know about sheep… Actually a great day out and fun for the whole family.
- Polynesian Spa- Just relax in the naturally heated geothermal waters.
- Hell’s Gate- so called by George Bernard Shaw, the famous Irish playwright, it is a geothermal park with mud and sulphur spas.
- Redwood Forest – Free, but you can also hire mountain bikes.
- Wai-o-Tapu – probably the most colourful geothermal park in the country and home to the Lady Knox geyser. Bring your swim wear for an optional dip in a hot stream in the forest.
- Waimungu Valley – The only geothermal park in the world that we know the exact date it was created - the day of the Tarawera eruption in 1886. The park includes the option of a boat ride on the otherwise inaccessible Lake Rotomahana
- Jet Boating – your choice of rides. An 80 kph race around the lake, or a 50 mph ride to Mokoia Island, now a bird sanctuary for endangered native birds. It is also the site of one of the most famous battles of the Musket Wars in the 1820s.
- Zorbing – bouncing down a hillside inside a huge inflatable ball!
- Trout Fishing – Enjoy a relaxing day fishing by boat for monster brown and rainbow trout on either Lake Rotorua or Lake Tarawera. Licences and fishing tackle are all provided.
These are just a few of the possibilities, contact us to arrange your own one-off unique day out.
Safety - our vehicles have been awarded a 5* safety rating (the maximum) by the New Zealand's government's Transport Agency (NZTA) and our drivers are all First Aid trained and attend refresher course every two years.