top of page
Wellington Highlights tour
Windy Wellington as the locals know it!
Capital of New Zealand and one of its first major settlements, Wellington is now a bustling commercial centre being the seat of the Government and many other institutions. Its dramatic location, clinging to steep hillsides along the harbour edge, gives it a unique character, often referred to as the Windy City. The Cruise Ships berth a short distance from the city.
Welcome to the 'Coolest Little Capital in the World' - Wellington. Take a wonderful 6 hour tour of this compact and very scenic part of the world. Hopefully you don't find out why it's also known as the Windy City!
Experience the best parts of the city with your friendly local guide. You will delight in exploring the hills, bays and beaches that the big coaches can't always get to.
- See breathtaking Old St Pauls Cathedral, crafted from fine New Zealand timber in the 1860's.
- Ride the iconic Wellington Cable Car. The views from the top are stunning! Your fare is included in the tour.
- Coast along Oriental Parade then enjoy 360 degree views of the city from atop Mt Victoria. You can't beat Wellington on a good day!
- Visit the grounds of Parliament and get a photo of The Beehive - home to the offices of our politicians.
- Drive through 'Wellywood' where we stop at Weta Cave - home to the props department renowned for famous movies including Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, King Kong and more. Please note - unfortunately we don't have time for the Weta Workshop tour.
- Get your photo taken with Gandalf at the Roxy Cinema, plus drive past the studios and green screen stages where many movies are made.
- Visit the national museum of New Zealand - Te Papa Tongarewa. Spend an hour exploring this amazing free museum - home to world class displays. Situated on the waterfront - this is also our designated lunch stop.
- Explore the rocky coastline of the Miramar Peninsula where you can enjoy scenic vistas of Wellington Harbour and Cook Strait.
After a great day out we will guarantee you are back at the port in plenty of time to board your ship, taking with you lots of wonderful memories from your tour with us into New Zealand's heartland!
Please note that the order of the tour may vary on certain days.
NZ $ 120 Adults
NZ $ 60 Child (5-15y)
NZ $ 1 Infants (0-4y)
Length: 6 hours
Pick up and drop off Wellington Port
Morning Tea at the Roxy Cinema
One way cable car ride
Full commentary throughout the tour
Comfortable Air conditioned vehicles
bottom of page